Accident Attorney NC
100% Free Car Accident Case Evaluation!
When Charlotte drivers do not follow traffic rules, automobile accidents can happen. Unfortunately, innocent people get hurt when drivers are reckless or negligent. In addition to wrongful or careless actions of drivers, North Carolina roads can be dangerous because of road construction, faulty road designs, poor maintenance, and hazardous road conditions.
When a dangerous road or a reckless driver causes you to suffer the consequences of a car accident, you have the right to seek compensation for your damages. A North Carolina personal injury attorney can help you file an injury claim for your Charlotte accident. You deserve to recover a monetary award for the financial burden caused by a car accident, in addition to recovering compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress you suffered because of the crash.
Charlotte Accident Statistics
According to the N.C. Department of Transportation (NCDOT), there were 39,602 motor vehicle accidents in 2016, which resulted in 85 fatalities and 18,010 injuries. If you review the crash data for Mecklenburg County, the NCDOT reports fewer crashes (37,348) for the entire county than it does for the city of Charlotte.
Charlotte roads can be very congested, especially heavily traveled roads like Interstate 85. Even a cautious and safe driver can be involved in an accident. In many cases, the cause of the accident is unintentional negligence caused by driver error. However, defective road designs, road conditions or defective automobile parts can also play a role in the cause of the car accident.
Who Is Liable for a North Carolina Auto Accident?
A driver who causes an accident is liable for the injuries and damages caused by that accident. Likewise, if a defective product or a hazardous road condition caused the crash, a manufacturer or government entity could be liable for damages. Therefore, determining the cause of the collision is the first step in proving fault for the crash. Once an accident attorney NC determines the cause of the collision, the lawyer can identify the party or parties who are responsible for payment of the accident victim’s claim.
- Driver Error —By far, driver error is the most common cause of car accidents in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. Inattention and unintentional negligence are common causes of car wrecks. Examples include distracted driving, texting, improper lane changes, following too closely, and other lapses of judgment. However, intentional negligence, such as impaired driving or reckless driving, are also factors in some crashes.
- Product Liability —In some cases, a defective product can be a contributing factor in an automobile accident. For instance, faulty brakes or tires can cause an accident that results in severe injury to the occupants of the vehicle and others on the road.
- Dangerous Road Conditions —Road hazards can be caused by several things, including weather, poor road maintenance, road construction, and improper design of highways and streets.
Filing an injury claim can be a complicated process, especially if the responsible party disputes liability. A NC accident attorney can be instrumental in obtaining full payment for all damages in a traffic accident claim.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents Our Accident Attorney NC Handles
There are many different types of motor vehicle accidents in the Charlotte Metro area. Our accident attorneys in NC have experience handling all types of car accidents, including minor fender benders and multi-vehicle interstate crashes. Regardless of the type of accident that caused your injury, may help you file an insurance claim to recover compensation for your damages.
Examples of the types of auto accidents we handle include:
- Rear-end crashes
- Head-on collisions
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Interstate 85 accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Single car crashes
- Bicycle accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Drunk driving and DUI accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck Accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Sideswipe crashes
- Distracted driving accidents
Regardless of the type of collision, what matters is that you take steps to protect your right to full compensation for all damages.
Filing an Automobile Accident Claim in North Carolina
Our team of legal professionals can handle every aspect of your personal injury claim. You do not need to worry about insurance adjusters, paperwork, and accident investigations. We take care of everything for you so that you can focus fully on your recovery. Contact us today to let us review your case.